Work Package 2: Constraints on and Facilitators of Participation
Leading partner: University of Edinburgh (Centre for Research in Education Inclusion & DIversity), Scotland
Work Package 2 will provide insight in the factors constraining and facilitating young vulnerable adults to participate in adult lifelong education and lifelong learning programmes. The following objectives will be addressed:
- To identify social groups that have been underserved by ALE/LLL programmes
- To identify the barriers that the most vulnerable face in accessing, participating and benefitting from ALE/LLL programmes in relation to: Situational barriers; Institutional barriers; Dispositional barriers
- To identify how these barriers vary among regions, countries and target populations.
- To identify how different national, sub-national, and private programmes have tackled these barriers
- To identify the factors, at national and sub-national level, which facilitate participation by under-represented groups.